Constant core dumps on Linux

h017ah

Re: Constant core dumps on Linux

Postby h017ah » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:33 am

Any news yet? :P

It's this issue, and that the normal AHL2 launch shortcut doesn't launch with -secure that are the two main issues with the Linux release! Outside of that, it seems very solid :)

Te latter issue must give AHL2 bad statistics on Steam, because I don't think launching AHL2 on Linux will be counted since you must launch it through the SDK. Steam reports that I'm playing "Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer", not "Action Half-Life 2".
eddi

Postby eddi » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:19 am

Sorry, still no news. We had a dev change in the meantime and I have directed him here. Hope to see an update soon :)
shmopaloppa

Postby shmopaloppa » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:42 pm

Hey, sorry to hear you're having problems. Unfortunately it will be a little bit before I can get my linux box up and running again, so eddi if you're able to try to reproduce this in the short term that would be appreciated. You are having this problem on any server you join?
h017ah

Postby h017ah » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:33 am

It's been a while since I've tested this now.. Have you had the chance to test it out yet? :)

Remember to also make the linux version playable without starting it through the SDK! I guess you'll find that noone has played the linux version (if you got statistics over this), because Steam thinks I'm playing the source SDK when I play AHL2..

I've mentioned this before here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9

Return to