Manual not up to date?

ChainSOV

Manual not up to date?

Postby ChainSOV » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:04 pm

The had a quick look through the manual.
Is the walldive section up to date? I coudn't do it no matter how I tried, walk button, sprint button (yeh, there is such a thing in the options :D), stunt, jump in all combinations ...
edit: worked it out: you have to press the walk key, but the walk key only works for walldives, for actually slowing down you have to press the sprint key :?

It talks about setting the knife to slash/throw, couldn't find a setting/key ingame,
also could not set beretta to single/burstmode either.

Looks like the gameplay was streamlined a bit and now there is just primary and secondary fire.

wink

It may be useful to have a section dedicated to returning players to sum up whats changed.

Also for new players a section about how AHL2's reloading works would be useful and how you lose your half full magazines if you reload before emptying them.
bantam
Site Admin

Re: Manual not up to date?

Postby bantam » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:35 pm

Thanks for letting me know!! I'll take a look at that and update it!

You are correct the secondary fire replaces the fire modifier. We've had some talks about making a video based on the weapons and player movement so we can definitely add that into it.

On the reloading, we'll see how we handle that. Could be considered a bug but there's also the realism factor involved.
eddi

Postby eddi » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:53 am

Yes, the manual does not reflect the changes to the firemodes yet - seems like we missed out on that. The change from choosing the firing mode to just primary and secondary fire is a result from an extensive playtest at the Greenhouse LAN. AHL2 is a fast game and ultimately we did not want to have the player worry about which firing mode they set. bantam's also right about the realism factor with reloading. It works intentionally as it does right now.
ChainSOV

Postby ChainSOV » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:57 pm

I also like how the reloading works, have loved it since AQ2, was sad that the chambered bullet doesn't count anymore,but if its easier to maintain the code this way, I can live with it.
It's just that for newcomers it can be quite new, because CS and many mods don't have such detailed reloading ... so it might be better to have section in the doc.

Return to